My Kitchen Adventures

I love to cook and bake; learned from watching my momma for so many years!! Although I can never seem to make it like she did, I still keep trying! I figured I'd share my adventures in cooking and baking and now cake decorating! So, enjoy, try, comment and keep coming back for more!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wilton Cake Decorating - Course 2


I completed course 2 last night! We made lots of flowers but only one cake.

We learned to make buttercream rosebuds, mums and a few new borders (rosette, reverse shell - which I couldn't grasp! and the rope border. We also learned how to make royal icing and color flow to make a butterfly (color flow) and apple blossoms, violets, violet leaves, daisies, daffodils, pansies & primroses (royal icing). My kitchen is now littered with Ziploc tubs of colored royal icing and color flow - better make some more flowers for future use!

At our last class, we had to bring a cake to decorate with the basket weave and put our flowers on from previous classes. I decided to try my hand at chocolate buttercream - very yummy!! It turned out well considering I was in a super hurry to get it done and on the cake before class!!

On to the next course - Fondant & gum paste!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home