My Kitchen Adventures

I love to cook and bake; learned from watching my momma for so many years!! Although I can never seem to make it like she did, I still keep trying! I figured I'd share my adventures in cooking and baking and now cake decorating! So, enjoy, try, comment and keep coming back for more!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Yum-Yum Smoothie!!

I decided to make my own smoothie recipe because I was tired of searching for the few I have in my recipe box only to have a few of the ingredients on hand!! I make this smoothie at least 5 out of 7 days/week now!! Even Delaney and David love it!! Our blender has gotten more use in the past month than in the past 5 years!!

So here it is!! I call it Momma's Yum-Yum Smoothie!

1/2-3/4 cup frozen Strawberries
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 banana, chunked
1/2 cup yogurt (we use Dannon All Natural Vanilla)
1/4-1/3 cup apple juice
1 Tbsp flax seed, optional
sprinkle of sugar, optional

Place in blender in order above (blends best this way). Add more apple juice if it doesn't seem to blend well or looks too thick.

This makes about 2 cups of smoothie, which is enough for Delaney & I to share. I double when David wants one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home