My Kitchen Adventures

I love to cook and bake; learned from watching my momma for so many years!! Although I can never seem to make it like she did, I still keep trying! I figured I'd share my adventures in cooking and baking and now cake decorating! So, enjoy, try, comment and keep coming back for more!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Wilton Cake Decorating - Course 4, Class 2


Last night was the first night I used fondant on a cake. It was a lot of fun and to make it better, my instructor kept complementing it and said I was a natural...so, I guess I've set my bar high - hope I can keep it up. I guess I'll be practicing another fondant cake in the next 2 weeks before I have to bring another cake to class to decorate!!

(The cardboard cake round is covered with fondant that we colored and rolled the previous week.)

In class, we rolled out the fondant to put on our cake, made a handkerchief, a border (i did the rope border, was going to put lines in it, but Mabel said it was to good to mark up!) and used cutters to make other decorations to complete the cake.

Next week in class is gumpaste flowers! Also, I have my first "order" - husband wants a Browns themed cake for next Thursday's NFL draft to take to work to treat some of his Bengal co-workers. We'll see how an orange and brown decorated cake turns out...I'm hoping to come up with something creative!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home