My Kitchen Adventures

I love to cook and bake; learned from watching my momma for so many years!! Although I can never seem to make it like she did, I still keep trying! I figured I'd share my adventures in cooking and baking and now cake decorating! So, enjoy, try, comment and keep coming back for more!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wilton Cake Decoration - Course 3, class 2


For class 2 we had to make a square (or rectangle!) cake to cover with fondant in class. I baked a yellow sour cream pound cake in a 9x13 and cut in half - cute gift box size! I decided to change up the filling, since I didn't want to make 2 batches of buttercream and was going to be close with 1 batch, I decided to try a raspberry filling. It turned out well and was yummy with the pound cake!!

The cake is covered with fondant and the pink bow and curly ribbon are also fondant. This was the best fondant job I've done - I didn't even add a border!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home